Eco Management Audit Scheme
EMAS - Trustworthy Environmental Information
Eco Management Audit Scheme (EMAS) is a voluntary scheme for companies willing to evaluate and improve their environmental performance. Participation is open to all public or private organizations operating within the EU.
Johnsen was the fifth Danish company to become EMAS certified back in 1996. Johnsen carries the EMAS II logo to guarantee that we are trustworthy in the environmental information that we provide about our companies.
"This organization has establish an environmental management system and prepared an environmental statement according to Regulation (EC) No. 761/2001 to promote the continual improvement of environmental performance and to inform the public hereof. The environmental management system and the environmental statement are verified by an independent third party."
Advantages by Using EMAS
Through EMAS we keep a focus on our environmental targets so that our attitudes are guaranteed to become implemented in the company. This way we create connections between our philosophy within the field and our day to day strategies.
- Quality management based on plans developed on a high
- Additions to management of environmental hazards in the company
- Savings on resources and lower expenditures based on considering the present need
- Reductions of financial burdens based on sorting out and conforming to rules and regulations
- Openness to organic and/or environmentally certified methods
- External control of EMAS documented organizations
- High reliability and trust between the company and public authorities, other businesses, customers and citizens